This limited series is now available in a more radical version : Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R, designed for track driving enthusiasts. Almost 100 kg lighter, Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R is pinned to the road by a chassis fitted with Öhlins Road&Track adjustable dampers and MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. The overall coherence is reflected in the exceptional level of performance achieved. As illustrated by a new record at the Nürburgring Nordschleife. Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R covered the 20,832 km in just 7’54’’36, the fastest time ever for a front-wheel drive production model.
MÉGANE R.S. 275 TROPHY-R : RECORD BREAKER
Taking advantage of the technology upgrades gained by Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy, this very special edition pushes the limits of high performance. Almost 100 kg lighter than Mégane R.S. with a Cup chassis and 19” wheels (1,280 kg, compared with 1,381 kg), this hard-core version is even more dynamic and efficient. It features new equipment developed in cooperation with prestigious partners : Akrapovič exhaust system, Öhlins Road&Track adjustable dampers, Allevard composite springs and MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires.
The looks of Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R are as uncompromising as its technical specification. The two-tone version with Pearlescent White bodywork and an Etoilé black roof is expected to be particularly popular.
The colours that set off the F1-style splitter, stripes and side checkered flag graphics add touches of bright red to the bodywork. The black 19’’ Speedline Turini wheels, fitted as standard, are also available in red (option). The rear wiper has been removed in order to save another precious kilo. This is the first visible sign of the systematic efforts devoted to making the car lighter.
On board, the Recaro Pole Position bucket seats illustrate the main purpose of Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R. These single-piece polycarbonate seats are painted glossy black and upholstered in leather and alcantara. Designed to bring weight savings of 22 kg, they deliver a high level of side support for both the driver and passenger along with “unfiltered” feedback from the track.
Alcantara is also present on the steering wheel and hand brake gaiter, whereas leather is used for the gear lever knob. Available as accessories, Sabelt six-point safety harnesses complete the equipment recommended for track driving.
THE WAR AGAINST WEIGHT
To meet targets for performance, ride and handling, engineers tracked down every last superfluous kilo. To combine function and pleasure, most of the insulating and absorbing materials (-18 kg) were removed to enable the occupants to take full advantage of the sound made by the Akrapovič exhaust system.
As Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R was made for track driving, the rear seat has been removed (-20 kg) to make it a real two-seater. A cross strut bar is provided for the luggage restraint net. Track enthusiasts will appreciate the boot layout, designed to make it easy to carry four spare wheels. To protect the cabin, special wheel covers with the Renault Sport logo are available as accessories.
A further 10 kg has been saved by removing the air conditioning and radio and fitting a simplified central console. However, air conditioning, radio and the Renault R-Link onboard, connected multimedia system are still available as options depending on the country.
EVEN MORE POWER WITH THE RENAULT SPORT 2.0T ENGINE
Renault Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R comes with the latest upgrades to the Renault Sport 2.0T engine.
Engineers sought to increase torque at peak power of 5,500 rpm by working on the electronic control parameters. By raising torque to 349 Nm (+10 Nm), they boosted engine power to 275 hp (201 kW). Available between 3,000 and 5,000 rpm, maximum torque of 360 Nm remains unchanged. These results can be obtained by selecting Sport or Race modes in R.S. Drive dynamic management system.
The result of these efforts can be seen in the wider torque curve at higher revs. At the wheel, these developments deliver better acceleration in intermediate gears, for less frequent down shifts. This new engine definition has no impact on fuel consumption or emissions which remain contained at 7.5 l/100 km and 174 g/km of CO2/km.
A CHASSIS OF INFINITE POTENTIAL
Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R is based on the Cup chassis, which features a limited slip differential. Designed to improve traction in sports driving, this system delivers dependable efficiency at all times, regardless of grip conditions, driving style or type of curve. The limited slip differential is combined with an independent steering-axis layout, allowing drivers to reap the full benefits of the extra traction for more reassuring handling.
Unanimously recognized as a model of rigor and precision, the Cup chassis takes advantage of the additional potential created by the latest developments from Renault Sport and its partners :
- Öhlins adjustable Road&Track dampers
- Allevard composite suspension springs at the front
- MICHELIN Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires.
Renault Sport DNA
A lap time that is the bedrock of our reputation
- An out-and-out two-seater/Recaro Pole Position polycarbonate single frame front bucket-seats, glossy black finish, dual fabric and Renault Sport branding on the headrests.
- three-point seat belt + six-point harness with aeronautical release buckle
- comparison with the Renaultsport Megane 265 Cup chassis with 19’’ rims : Weight gain of 101kg (two-seater, Lithium-lon battery, high performance twin-compound braking kit, Akrapovic titanium exhaust line, etc.)
- OHLINS “Road&Track” one-way adjustable shock absorbers + composite springs
- Safety bar and nets : designed to store four rims with tyres in the boot for track days (Renault Sport cover also available)
- Black or red Speedline rims (optional) + high performance Pilot Sport Cup 2 Michelin tyres
- New and unique two-tone body paint : pearl white with starry black roof (optional)
Information on the record-breaking car now on sale :
- Unique two-tone body paint with Trophy-R stripes
- Weight saving : no radio and basic interior ventilation
- Performance accessories : battery, harness, bi-compound brakes
Exclusive production limited to 250 units worldwide.
The Megane Renaultsport at its best. A hardcore version achieving an incredible lap time : 7min54.36
The highest performing car of its range, a worthy heir to the R26.R Renaultsport Megane, which, in 2008, was the first Renault Sport car to hold the FWD lap record at the Nürburgring Nordschleife.
The 275 Trophy-R Renaultsport Megane has specific bright red side striping with the customary Renault Sport chequered decal. Like its 275 Trophy Renaultsport sibling, it comes with a signature Akrapovic tail pipe.
275 Trophy-R Renaultsport, the lap-record-breaking car
Weight loss (101kg), extra power and optimised track handling make it the perfect track day car.
- Extra power : 10bhp more
- New exhaust line : 4kg lighter and raspier sound
- Specific brake and chassis tuning : high performance bi-compound brakes (3.66kg lighter), composite springs at the front (2kg lighter) along with adjustable suspension
- Red Turini rims (1kg lighter per wheel)
- An out-and-out two-seater concept : single-frame front bucket-seats, no rear seats.
- High performance Michelin tyres specifically engineered for the 275 Trophy-R Megane Renaultsport
- Alcantara steering wheel with red top-stitching
- Extra safety with the six-point harness with aeronautical release buckle that can be used in combination with the customary three-point seat belt
Driving passion by Renault Sport
Renault Sport Technologies’ high performance and their affordable cars bring motorsport within the reach of all car enthusiasts.
The passion starts at your Renaultsport dealer and is shared at our Enthusiast Days, the World Series By Renault meetings and at a large number of local racing events.
V6-44-Trophy-R is exclusively reserved for customers Mégane RS Trophy 275-R
Your V6-44-R-Trophy will be engraved with the order No. 275 of your Mégane RS Trophy-R
For more information about the order, contact us.
3 years warranty
Black machined engineering polymer case
Up to 50m water resistance
Double face crystal made of scratchproof sapphire
Super light hands
Ultra slim stainless steel specific screws
* SPECIFICATIONS OF THE AUTOMATIC BRM MOVEMENT base 2824/2
28800 alternations per hour
25 jewels, power reserve 38 hours
button for stopping seconds
Each purchaser of Mégane R.S. 275 Trophy-R will be offered its own official mini-helmet ! This half-size helmet displays the same number as the car, with the colors of the helmet worn by Laurent Hurgon when he set the record for the front-wheel drive at the Nordschleife...