Renault Sport Racing have an opportunity to join the team at an exciting time in our history within Formula 1. As the team continues to grow, we are looking for a highly talented individual to join us as Senior Aerodynamicist.
Senior Aerodynamicist – The Role
In this role, you will report to a Principal Aerodynamicist in one of our development teams, creating designs to increase the aerodynamic performance of the race car. The post holder will be expected to contribute at the concept stage, perform CFD analysis and wind tunnel tests and liaise with Aero Performance Group on track performance of their geometries.
The role will require the aerodynamicist to liaise with other teams in the aero department including model design, surfacing, CFD methodology, track side aerodynamics, WT project engineering and model shop.
Senior Aerodynamicist – The Person
The successful candidate will possess an aerodynamic degree (or equivalent) and good track record of adding aerodynamic performance in an F1 environment. You will be able to demonstrate creative thinking and work with minimal supervision.
The successful candidate will
- Be educated to at least Bachelor level in Aerospace Engineering or an equivalent discipline with significant aerodynamic content.
- Apply aerodynamic theory to improve car performance
- Ability to scope projects and manage tasks in order to deliver these to tight deadlines.
- Have good knowledge of CAD (preferably CATIA V5) and CFD in an F1 environment.
- Have experience of WT testing, preferably in F1.
- Possess excellent communication, liaison and team working skills, recognising that working together with colleagues in other disciplines is essential to the efficient function of the department. This position will involve some shift work in the WT including occasional weekend and night shifts as required.
Our offer to you
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a range of excellent benefits including car schemes, pension, private medical care, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and many others.
Please apply with current CV, salary expectations and details of your notice period.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.