Renault Sport Racing have an opportunity to join our team at an exciting time in our history within Formula 1. Within our facility in Enstone, we are looking to hire the most talented individuals to support our mission.
The Race Support Team have an opportunity for a Control Systems Engineer to join their busy department. This is a travelling role supporting the show car team at marketing events globally.
Control Systems Engineer – The Role
Reporting to the Race Support Team Manager, this role will oversee all operation, diagnosis and support of all electronic systems and control systems used on the Race Support Team.
Key accountabilities are:
• Preparation of electrical equipment prior to young driver tests and demonstration/exhibition events.
• Preparation of the control systems configuration prior to young driver tests or demonstrations.
• Monitoring and tuning of the health and analysis of the performance of the operation of the on-car systems (hydraulics system, chassis electrical system and the gearbox) before and during the event.
• Instigation of setup changes to the driver interface and throttle / brake mapping in response to driver feedback.
• Responsible for maintaining the configuration of the on-car electrical system during event (including fire-ups).
• Providing timely and accurate info to Lifing Coordinator on part usage.
• Build and maintenance of all electrical and electronic pit equipment required to run the car.
• Clear communication to Track Support Team Leader of all system reliability and performance issues.
• Ensuring company information systems are accurate and up to date.
Control Systems Engineer – The Person
The successful candidate will have extensive electronics and control systems experience, in a high level motorsport environment. They will be highly organised, an excellent team player with a passion for working for a team with championship winning ambitions.
Our offer to you
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a range of excellent benefits including car schemes, pension, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and many others.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.