Renault Sport Racing have an excellent opportunity to join our team at a tremendously exciting time in our history within Formula 1. As we continue to grow as a team, we are looking for a highly talented individual to join the Aerodynamics division, as a Wind Tunnel Systems Engineer.
Wind Tunnel Systems Engineer – The Role
This role is responsible for delivering a world class experimental facility for the aerodynamic development of motorsport vehicles. The post holder will focus on the eradication of error and the continuous drive for efficiency within our aerodynamic experimental control systems
The key accountabilities are:
• Developing the wind tunnel facility control systems and user interface
• Identifying sources of inefficiency in our wind tunnel control systems and delivering solutions
• Isolating sources of error within our experimental rigs and working to minimise or eradicate them
• Finding solutions to increase data density and data quality from our aerodynamic experimental work
• Supporting our daily experimental work with Tier 2 technical support. This will include some on-call responsibility
• Developing offline rigs to enrich our development work
• Working with outside suppliers to deliver upgrade projects and products that are valuable for our operations
This crucial position is demanding and pivotal to the team’s success on the track.
Wind Tunnel Systems Engineer – The Person
The successful candidate must possess the following technical skills:
• An excellent understanding of rig testing facilities
• A strong computer programming knowledge
• Good knowledge of PLC systems
• Excellent signal analysis capabilities and the ability to isolate sources of noise within signals
• Knowledge of electronic components & systems. Including understanding of their strengths and weakness
• Good understanding of communication networks and their various benefits
They will be self-motivated, capable of driving projects forward to ensure their delivery, a team player and possess excellent communication skills.
Our offer to you
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a range of excellent benefits including car schemes, pension, free onsite gym, subsidized canteen and many others.
Please apply with current CV, salary expectations and details of your notice period.