At Alpine Racing have an exciting opportunity to join our Electronics department as Electronics Design Engineer
Electronics Design Engineer – The Role
Reporting to the Head of Electronics, the Electronics Design Engineer is responsible for the design of current and future chassis programs and the implementation of Electronics and development technologies in accordance with the F1 technical regulations.
They are accountable for:
• Designing the electrical wiring installation on and off car
• Producing and maintaining the Electronics Vehicle Electronics Design Specification document for every new F1 season
• Working in close collaboration with all design areas to accurately determine the Team’s requirements for electronics design and developments for current chassis, all sensors, off car, factory rigs, dyno’s and the Wind Tunnel
• Conducting a ‘new’ sensor requirements review annually, confirming the Race, Friday & Test requirements
• Ensuring effective and timely diagnosis and rectification of electronics related faults throughout year
• Providing factory and trackside design support for electronics and projects
• Providing technical support and information into the Trackside event specification documents that assist with the correct installation and set-up of parts for on and off car
• Ensuring all Electronics designed parts such as the SECU system components, critical sensors and chassis wiring are lifed correctly and have a relevant service schedule defined from design
• Involvement with maintenance and improvement of hardware and software development tools
• Supporting preseason FIA documentation reviews and keep aware of all FIA technical bulletins and directives ensuring we comply to the rules and regulations throughout the entire season
• Continuously monitoring and improving on and off car installations, design standards and operational processes and procedures
• Maintaining an awareness of appropriate technologies/development processes in the electronics industry and bringing forward those that are relevant to improving performance/reliability
Electronics Design Engineer – The Person
Candidates must have:
• A strong technical background in racing car electrical and electronics and data acquisition systems.
• The ability to work to a consistently high standard in pressurised and time sensitive situations.
• Quick decision-making skills whilst working through problems in a scientific and analytical way
The successful candidate will work well in a team environment with personnel at all levels and have strong communication skills, written and verbal.
They will be self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision and delivering high quality support and solutions to crucial deadlines. A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Our offer to you
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a range of excellent benefits including car schemes, pension, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and many others.
Please apply with current CV, salary expectations and details of your notice period.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.