We have an excellent opportunity for a highly talented individual at Alpine F1 Team as a Control Systems Software Engineer.
Control Systems Software Engineer – The Role
The core responsibility of this position will be the development of real-time embedded software for on-car and off-car platforms. Based in the Controls, Simulation and Modelling group at Enstone, the role will involve control system design using MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow, and model development in Simulink / SimScape and DYMOLA. Real-time targets will include on-car ECUs and dSPACE systems.
This key position will requirement capture, specification, implementation, validation and documentation of real-time control software and plant models.
Control Systems Software Engineer – The Person
The ideal candidate be a University Graduate in a STEM discipline, with a good general technical engineering knowledge, a strong grasp of dynamic systems and a minimum of five years’ professional experience in an engineering role in the automotive sector. Having expertise in the use of MATLAB and Simulink for real-time control software development is essential for this role.
We are looking for individuals with a broad set of skills which could cover:
• Experience in rapid control prototyping, familiarity with HIL systems and experience in the development of software for real-time embedded systems
• Experience in C / C++ / C# coding for embedded systems
• Knowledge and practical experience in the development of real-time control systems.
• Experience in the use of McLaren Applied’s GDE, MCT and vTAG will provide an advantage.
• Familiarity with current F1 transmission and hydraulic systems will provide an advantage.
Our offer to you
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a range of excellent benefits including pension, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and many others. Please apply with current CV, salary expectations and details of your notice period.