At Alpine Racing we have a new opportunity to join our Electronics department as Electronics Design Engineer
Electronics Design Engineer – The Role
Reporting to the Head of Electronics, the Electronics Design Engineer is responsible for the design of current and future chassis programs, and the implementation of Electronics and development technologies in accordance with the F1 technical regulations. This role is an exciting opportunity and provides autonomy to ensure quality designs throughout the season.
The main responsibilities include:
• Defining the electronics connectivity and installation requirements for on and off car systems, working closely with CAD integration and mechanical engineers to achieve an optimised package.
• Producing and maintaining the Electronics Vehicle Design Specification document for every new F1 season.
• Working in close collaboration with all design areas to accurately determine the Team’s requirements for electronics design and developments for current chassis, all sensors, off car, pitstop equipment, factory rigs, dynos and the Wind Tunnel.
• Conducting a ‘new’ sensor requirements review annually, confirming the Race, Friday & Test requirements
• Ensuring effective and timely diagnosis and rectification of electronics related faults throughout the year.
• Providing factory and trackside design support for electronics projects, new car builds and test activities.
• Providing technical support and information into the Trackside event specification documents that assist with the correct installation and set-up of parts.
• Ensuring all Electronics designed parts such as the SECU system components, critical sensors and chassis wiring are lifed correctly and have a relevant service schedule defined from design
• Maintenance and improvement of hardware design and software development tools
• Supporting preseason FIA documentation reviews and keep aware of all FIA technical bulletins and directives ensuring we comply to the rules and regulations throughout the entire season
• Continuously monitoring and improving on and off car installations, design standards and operational processes and procedures
• Maintaining an awareness of appropriate technologies/developments in the electronics industry and bringing forward those that are relevant to improving performance/reliability
Electronics Design Engineer – The Person
We are looking for someone with a strong technical background in racing car electrical and electronics and data acquisition systems. They must have the ability to work to a consistently high standard in pressurised and time sensitive situations. Quick decision-making skills are a must whilst working through problems in a scientific and analytical way.
The successful candidate will work well in a team environment with personnel at all levels and have strong communication skills, written and verbal. They will be self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision and delivering high quality support and solutions to crucial deadlines. A can-do positive approach and a willingness to help others is essential.
Our offer to you
Along with a competitive salary, we offer a range of excellent benefits including car schemes, pension, free onsite gym, subsidised canteen and many others.
Please apply with current CV, salary expectations and details of your notice period.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.