Hosted by Renault Sport ambassador Margot Laffite, the 11th World Series by Renault awards ceremony took place on Sunday evening at the Museos de la Atalaya in Jerez de la Frontera.
Attended by more than 400 guests, the event provided an opportunity to take stock of a 2015 season full of twists and turns and reflect on the 11 years of the World Series by Renault.
Staging a total of 517 races at 88 meetings, the World Series by Renault has now visited 13 countries, with 38 champions being crowned over the years. Taking the honours this season were Oliver Rowland in Formula Renault 3.5 Series, Jack Aitken in Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0, Dario Capitanio in the Renault Sport Trophy Prestige Championship, Andrea Pizzitola in the Renault Sport Trophy Elite Championship, and Dario Capitanio and David Fumanelli in the Renault Sport Trophy Endurance Championship.
The winning drivers all stepped up to collect their trophies on Sunday evening, with Patrice Ratti, Jean Ragnotti, Derek Warwick and Jaime Alguersuari making the presentations.
The 2015 World Series by Renault season honour roll
Formula Renault 3.5 Series
1. Oliver Rowland (GBR, age 23, eight wins in 2015, Fortec Motorsports (GBR))
2. Matthieu Vaxivière (FRA, 20)
3. Nyck de Vries (NED, 20)
Best rookie : Nyck de Vries (NED, 20)
Team winners : Fortec Motorsports (GBR)
Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0
1. Jack Aitken (GBR, 20, five wins in 2015, Koiranen GP (FIN))
2. Louis Deletraz (SUI, 18)
3. Kevin Jörg (SUI, 20)
Best rookie : Harrison Scott (GBR, 19)
Team winners : Josef Kaufmann Racing (GER)
Renault Sport Trophy
1. Andrea Pizzitola (FRA, 23, two wins in 2015, ART Junior Team (FRA))
2. Steijn Schothorst (NED, 21)
3. David Fumanelli (ITA, 23)
1. Dario Capitanio (ITA, 20, three wins in 2015, Oregon Team (ITA))
2. Richard Gonda (SVK, 21, ART Junior Team (FRA))
3. Diederik Sijthoff (NED, 34, V8 Racing (NED))
1. Oregon Team #8 (ITA), Dario Capitanio (ITA, 20) and David Fumanelli (ITA, 23) : one win in 2015
2. ART Junior Team #2 (FRA), Richard Gonda (SVK, 21) and Andrea Pizzitola (FRA, 23)
3. Oregon Team #7 (ITA), Niccolo Nalio (ITA, 32) and Luciano Bacheta (ITA, 25)
Team winners : Oregon Team (ITA)