We are currently looking to appoint an Open Source Specialist to join the Information Systems department. This role covers the implementation, management, maintenance and support of all our Open Source based systems including our HPC clusters. It will also involve working with hardware such as storage and LAN equipment running varieties of Unix based operating systems and offers the chance to become the authority on these subjects.
Core Responsibilities include :
- Supporting Linux based systems, including HPC environments, clusters and license servers, both hardware and software.
- Assisting with supporting our network and security infrastructure (LAN/WAN/Firewalls etc.)
- Day-to-day maintenance, monitoring, troubleshooting, optimisation and operation of the above.
- Implementation of any new systems related to these areas.
- Continual improvement of the systems based on changing demands, including producing scripts and tools to assist with automating tasks.
- Liaising with various departments within the Team.
- Coordinating with 3rd party suppliers and partners to support, maintain and implement these systems.
Core Technical skills required include :
- In-depth skills of Open Source operating systems, including Suse and Red Hat distributions.
- Ability to create and manipulate scripts for process automation.
- Experience in use of HPC and cluster systems, job scheduling, performance tuning and HPC hardware (including Infiniband and high performance parallel storage)
- Working knowledge of a wide range of datacentre technologies including : LAN, WAN, NAS, SAN storage, virtualisation, firewalls, VPNs, and TCP/IP based networking.
- At least 3 years’ experience with Linux administration, implementation and support.
- Some knowledge or experience of Juniper switches and firewall would be advantageous.
This role requires a high level of commitment and the ability to work individually and as part of the wider department, providing a pro-active and efficient service to the Team. Very good communication and organisation skills are essential.
Please apply in writing with current CV, salary expectations, details of your notice period and quoting job reference to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU