The R.S. Monitor app teams up with smart clothing. Designed with motorsports fans in mind, the R.S. Monitor app for iPhone has been developed by Renault Sport to help you measure your performance on the track.
Boasting some of the extremely popular functions of the R.S. Monitor fitted in Renault Sport’s cars, the R.S. Monitor app for iPhone allows you to gather and share data on your recreational track performance.
Helping you to gauge your sensations at the wheel, this latest version connects up with the Renault Sport special edition of Sensoria’s smart fitness T-shirt to help you track your heart rate.
The R.S. Monitor app for iPhone brings you fingertip access to a whole host of information.
Gauge your acceleration data in a split second :
- 0 to 100 km/h.
- 400-metre standing start.
- Customise all your objectives.
Time your performances over several laps of the track :
- Automatic stopwatch that makes use of your smartphone’s GPS.
- Manual stopwatch.
SENSATION AND HEART RATE
- Analyse the forces (G-G diagram) your car is subjected to on the track.
- Track your heart rate.
- Onboard video : record, save, watch and share your progress on video with your iPhone, all with R.S. Monitor data superimposed on the screen.
- Select your overlay depending on the angle and position of your iPhone in the car.
Sensoria is a Silicon Valley start-up specialising in smart clothing. Their expertise and that of Renault Sport has brought you a T-shirt compatible with the R.S. Monitor app.
In motorsport, as in all sports, controlling the heart rate is an essential part of improving performance. Now, thanks to Sensoria and the R.S. Monitor application, you can achieve just that.
The Renault Sport special edition of Sensoria’s smart T-shirt is now available for you to buy at Sensoria’s online store.
The Renault Sport special edition of Sensoria’s smart T-shirt is not compatible for use in competitive motorsport.
COMPATIBILITY AND FORMATS
- Version 3.0 of the R.S. Monitor app is compatible with smartphones running iOS 8.
- The previous version is still compatible with earlier iOS versions.
- To ensure that data measurements are as accurate as possible, please respect the calibration settings and place your iPhone on a dedicated support. Despite paying great attention to detail in developing this application, Renault Sport Technologies cannot offer any guarantees on the complete accuracy of the measurements displayed, which depend on the conditions in which they are taken and the quality of the GPS signal. Nevertheless, when used for recreational purposes, we trust that you will be suitably impressed by the application, which is brought to you by Renault Sport Technologies, and that it will be your most trusted ally out on the track.
Please read the instructions for use and safety guidelines carefully.
SAFETY WARNING : NOT TO BE USED ON THE OPEN ROAD. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBSERVING THE RULES OF THE ROAD.
The R.S. Monitor application is designed for use on a closed track or circuit only. We therefore advise you NOT to use the R.S. Monitor app for iPhone on the open road.
Please respect the rules of the road, speed restrictions, track regulations and the limitations of the car you are driving. Drive safely and responsibly. Your safety and those of other track users is an absolute priority. Renault Sport Technologies, RENAULT and all other companies in the RENAULT Group shall not in any way be held responsible for the use made of the R.S. Monitor application.